- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, if desired
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, Italian style undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet on medium high heat, brown the ground turkey burger in canola oil for 5 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic, and cook until tender.
- Add chili powder, cumin, and salt.
- Add cans of stewed tomatoes and drained beans.
- Bring mixture to light boil and reduce to simmer.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Serve with garnish or toppings as desired (such as cheese or sour cream).