Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These spicy, tasty burgers are just the ticket for small group.
- 3 large poblano peppers
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 lb monterey jack cheese, sliced
- 4 kaiser rolls
- Heat broiler, broil chilis on foil 12 minutes, turning until lightly charred.
- Wrap up foil and let stand 5 minutes.
- Mix beef with next 4 ingredients; shape into 4 patties.
- Broil patties 6-7 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
- Top with cheese,remove from heat.
- Cover and let set until cheese is melted (1-2 minutes).
- Remove skin from chilis, seed, and cut in strips.
- Put burgers on rolls, top with chilis and salsa.