Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks, cut across the grain into 1/8-inch strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄4 lb button mushroom, sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 slices French bread, 1/2-inch thick, toasted
- Heat oil in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute steak strips, garlic and ginger about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until steak is no longer pink.
- Transfer steak to a platter and set aside.
- Add mushrooms and onions to same skillet and saute 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender.
- Combine cornstarch and broth in a jar with tight-fitting lid and shake vigoroudly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add teriyaki and honey and shake again. Stir teriyaki mixture into mushrooms in skillet and simmer about 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until sauce begins to thicken.
- Return steak to skillet and cook for another 1-2 minutes or until steak is heated through.
- Serve steak over toasted bread.