Recipe by Jekase
If you like a strong teriyaki flavor, this is the one. When the word gets out that I'm making Teriyaki Steak, my whole family seems to show up so we have our times when it's a hush-hush thing. Oh, and kids "love" it.
Top Review by Cali M.
I loved this sauce, I thought this recipe was one of many delicious ways to flavor meat. It was easy to make and used ingredients many of us have already in the kitchen... very kid friendly, thanks
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce (preferably Kikkoman)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons dark molasses (full flavor)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 -2 minced garlic clove (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 lbs thinly sliced across the grain steak or 2 lbs chicken or 2 lbs pork
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all together in a one-gallon zip-lock bag, using a whisk if necessary. Set some sauce aside for dipping.
- Add thinly sliced meat.
- Rest in refrigerator for at least 1-2 hours, turning occasionally.
- The longer this marinates (and the thinner the meat), the stronger the flavor.
- Thread on scewers, reserving left-over marinade.
- Barbeque or broil until done.
- Heat set-aside marinade to use as an additional dipping sauce.