Wonderful oriental side-dish. So quick and easy! I serve this with chicken or pork tenderloin marinated in Teriyaki sauce (recipe 44750). Or you can add meat to the dish for a one-dish meal.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (or Chinese cabbage)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 -4 tablespoons soy sauce (to taste)
- 4 ounces sliced cooked chicken breasts (optional)
- 1 can bean sprouts, drained (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions;drain.
- Heat oil and sesame oil in skillet.
- Saute cabbage and green onion for about 5 minutes.
- Add pasta and soy sauce (also chicken and/or bean sprouts if desired) and heat through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made what seem to be quite a few changes to this recipe, but I believe they are faithful to the spirit of the recipe. I doubled the recipe, cooking the chicken first by brining it for 25 min. The chicken turned out tender and delicious. I wanted more veggies, so added minced garlic and reg. onion (instead of green onions) which I sauteed with ginger powder and red pepper flakes. Then I added grated carrots (2 large) and sliced bell peppers (1 red, 1 green), and stir-fried until partially cooked. Added the cabbage to the wok, and cooked a little longer than 5 min. Used Thai rice noodles according to package directions (soak in cold or warm water for 2 min, then cut with scissors into 2 inch lengths). Added the noodles to the wok with the soy sauce and a couple of glugs of fish sauce, and the chicken. Great stuff!Reply
see 109 more