Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Jumbo shrimp sauteed in garlic, cilantro, and tequila. It's great over pasta or by itself! Serve in shot glasses as an appetizer.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup tequila
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic until light brown.
- Place shrimp in the pan, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour in tequila, and season with cilantro, salt, and pepper. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Chill, if serving as an appetizer.
I did this with 3/4 pound of large shrimp so I just about halved all the other ingredients, with the intention of using this for an appetizer. Even though I am a big fan of tequila, I realized the cooking time was not enough for the tequila to evaporate. I removed the shrimp when it was cooked and continued to cook the sauce till the taste was right which took about another 7 minutes. I then let the sauce cool a bit and poured it over the shrimp and chilled it in the fridge.
I was very good and I will be making this again. My family loved it.