Recipe by teresas
The tequila tenderizes these tasty chicken wings and give them a delicious flavor. Serve accompanied by corn tortillas, re-fried beans, salsa, and chilled beer. Cooking time does not include marinating time...
Top Review by KateL
Very tasty and easy! Between the dark chili powder and 2 tsp. chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, the flavor was a bit intense for me, so I needed a piece of celery after each wing piece (and wished I had had some bleu cheese dip, too). It's very cold outside right now, so I elected to bake in the oven (on parchment paper-covered full sheet) for 30 min @ 425F, flip, then 15 min more. (The 2 pounds of wings fit my 2-qt. Corning casserole dish perfectly for marination, and fit my full sheet pan perfectly for baking.) I'm ready for the football playoffs! Made for Please Review My Recipe tag game.
- 907.18 g chicken wings, tips removed and discarded
- 11 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 29.58 ml tequila
- 14.79 ml mild chili powder
- 9.85 ml chopped chipotle chiles in adobo
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml ground allspice
- 0.25 ml ground cinnamon
- 0.25 ml ground cumin
- 0.25 ml dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken wings into 2 pieces at the joint, discarding the tips.
- Place the chicken wings in a non metallic dish and add the remaining ingredients.
- Toss well to coat, then cover and let marinated in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill.
- Cook the chicken over hot coals, turning occasionally, for 15-20 minutes, or until crisply browned and the juices run clear when a skewer is inserted into the thickest part of the meat.
- Serve at once.