Low-Fat Crispy Chicken Wings
These chicken wings are a family favourite - as the name suggests - crispy
- Ready In:
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon chicken salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried herbs
- 2 kg chicken wings
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Prepare the chicken wings by taking off the tip and cutting them in half at the joint (this does not have to be done, but I always do my wings this way).
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large plastic bag.
- Spray the wings with oil.
- Add about a third of them to the flour mixture and shake until well coated.
- Place on prepared baking trays.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Spray chicken with oil again.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until crisp and cooked through.
- Serve with fries or salad.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Great wings!! I couldn't find chicken salt so I subbed in garlic salt instead and used Mrs. Dash Italian seasoning for the dried herbs. Baked at 425 for about 40 minutes. These really do end up being quite crispy. I also added a touch more cayenne pepper which I think worked out really well. Yum! Thanks Sonya!Reply