Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This sophisticated saute' gets a subtly smoky flavor from a shot of tequila. I've never been able to find pepper linguine, so I always use regular linguine. This is another recipe from my Arizona Favorites and has become a family favorite here at the Watson house. After making this dish many times, I have discovered NOT 2 Overcook the veggies, stick to the saute times and you'll have a delightful dish.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb chicken breast (sliced thin)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup tequila
- 1 cup red bell pepper (1/2-inch dices)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion (chopped)
- 1 1⁄4 cups frozen corn (thawed)
- 4 plum tomatoes (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 10 ounces linguine (pepper-flavored or regular)
- In a large bowl, combine cornstarch,salt, tequila (2 tablespoons) & 1/4 cup broth, add chicken and toss, cover and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- Cook linguine according to directions, drain and put in a large bowl.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat, lift chicken from marinade & stir fry chicken about 4 minutes, stir in 1/2 cup tequila & cook 2 more min,.
- Add 1/4 cup broth,onion, peppers,corn,tomato,orange juice and 2 tablepoons oil, and salt to skillet, let it cook about 2 minute.
- Stir in reserved cornstarch mixture & and bring to boil, just to thicken.
- Add chicken/vegtable mixture to cooked linguine, and toss in cilantro.
This was awesome. I love pasta dishes that you don't expect (i.e. no tomato sauce, oregano, etc.) and this will be made again. Thanks!
very good, I reduced the tequila down to 1/3 cup from 1/2 cup, added in fresh garlic and red chili flakes and omitted the cilantro, I also used canned diced drained tomatoes, not sure if I would add in the full 1/2 cup orange juice next time though, we enjoyed this, thanks for sharing BakinG!
A delicious change from "samo samo", DH declared he could eat this again and again. Next time I would halve the cornstarch, and add 1 chopped jalapeno. I would substitute canned diced tomatoes for the fresh plum tomatoes; the past 12 months have been miserable for tomatoes in this area. Thanks for sharing, BakinBaby! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders Tag.