You can also prepare these in a skillet. This recipe is from "Cooking Light Magazine". The tempeh needs to be marinated for at least 30 minutes (longer is better).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package five-grain tempeh
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups vertically sliced onions (1/2-inch slices)
- 1 1/2 cups slice green bell peppers (1/2-inch-thick slices)
- cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 (8 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1Cut tempeh in half crosswise; cut each half lengthwise into 6 strips. Place tempeh in a shallow dish. Combine pineapple juice, soy sauce, lime juice, cumin, oil, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and garlic in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Pour pineapple juice mixture over tempeh. Marinate at room temperature 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- 2Prepare grill.
- 3Lightly coat onion and bell pepper with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Arrange onion mixture in a wire grilling basket coated with cooking spray. Place grilling basket on grill rack; grill 5 minutes or until lightly browned, turning occasionally. Remove the tempeh from marinade, reserving marinade. Place tempeh on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
- 4Warm tortillas according to package directions. Arrange 3 tempeh pieces, 1/2 cup onion mixture, and 1 tablespoon salsa down center of each tortilla; roll up.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tempeh Fajitas
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.0
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 786.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 13.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat tortillas