Green and Yellow Bean Salad With Chunky Tomato Dressing and Feta
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A stellar summer salad. This recipe came from "Cooking Light" magazine SEPT 2007 edition. Its wonderful, light and low in calories.
- Ready In:
- 4 cups water
- 3⁄4 lb wax bean, trimmed
- 3⁄4 lb green beans, trimmed
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Cook the beans in boiling water for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain.
- Combine tomato and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a bowl. Divide beans evenly among 8 plates. Top each serving with 1/4 cup tomato mixture. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon slices basil and 1 tablespoon cheese.
- You may also just mix and toss everything together.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This contains three of the foods I associate with summer most--tomatoes, green beans, and fresh basil! It is a nice change of pace from other bean salads, and parboiling the beans leads to a great texture. I used tomato-basil feta which added lots of good flavor. I think next time I would also use more vinegar, and perhaps experiment with balsamic vinegar. I could not find wax beans so I made this with all green beans, but I don't think the recipe suffered for it. Thanks for posting! Made for My 3 Chefs 2008.Reply