Recipe by Lizzymommy
This classic recipe has a rich, soufflé-like texture without the hassle. The result is an impressive holiday side dish the entire family will love. from Southern Living
- 12 -13 ears fresh corn, husks removed (about 6 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut kernels from cobs into a large bowl (about 6 cups). Scrape milk and remaining pulp from cobs; discard cobs.
- Combine sugar and next 3 ingredients. Whisk together eggs, whipping cream, and butter in a large bowl. Gradually add sugar mixture to egg mixture, whisking until smooth; stir in corn. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes.