Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I figured out how to make this dish without cream of soups! However, because there isn't the ease of the canned soups this tater tot hotdish is much more time consuming than the traditional recipe. I hope you enjoy it!
- 907.18 g ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 9.85 ml garlic
- 2 (822.13 g) can green beans
- 425.24 g can diced tomatoes
- 9.85 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 473.18 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 907.18 g bag tater tots
- 88.74 ml flour
- 88.74 ml oil
- 473.18 ml broth
- 2 chicken bouillon
- 226.79 g fresh mushrooms, minced (as to mimick the mushrooms in cream of mushroom soup)
- Brown meat along with onion, garlic.
- Meanwhile, heat oil (or butter) on medium low.
- Add flour, broth, bouillion. Whisk and heat until thickened.
- Drain meat.
- Add all the rest ingredients except the tater tots.
- Put meat mixture in 9x13 greased dish.
- Top with tater tots.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.