Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is pretty low in carbs, and you can serve it on top of fresh spinach, if you like.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 4 cups spinach (optional)
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and flour on the chicken.
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a skillet.
- Saute the chicken until it is browned and cooked.
- Take the chicken out of the pan and set aside, keeping warm.
- Turn down the heat to medium.
- Cook the garlic and onion until tender. Do not let the garlic brown.
- Add the apple juice to the pan, cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth, and the half and half. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until slightly thick. Do not let the sauce get to a strong boil, or it will separate.
- Return the chicken to the pan and reheat it.
- Optional serving suggestion--put 1 cup of spinach on each plate, top with chicken, and pour sauce over it.