Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
My favorite tart shell recipe.
- Blend cream cheese and butter together.
- Add flour and mix.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Divide into 24 balls and press into miniature muffin tins, pushing dough up the sides.
- Spoon filling into pastry shells.
- Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes.
I use this recipe all the time. I got it from Pampered Chef. It is a quick, easy pastry. They have a shortbread taste to them. I use them for Creamy Lemon Tarts - Creamy Lemon Tarts-delicious! If you're using this recipe to make tart shells and will be filling them after they're cooked - pierce the base w/ a fork a few times.
I was not impressed with how these turned out. I used the dough in a 12 cup muffin tin instead of making 24 minis. The dough baked up fine but it shrunk and sank down into the bottom of the cups making it really difficult to fill with the strawberry pie filling that I made. Next time I will stick with a normal crust recipe.
These are easy, great little tarts shells. Tender and tasty, even by themselves. Thanks for posting!