Mini Shortbread Tart Shells
- Ready In:
- Set oven to 300 degrees.
- Prepare mini muffin tins.
- In a bowl mix all ingredients with an electric hand mixer until well blended.
- Pinch off small pieces of dough (do not roll the dough first) using your fingers pat into the muffin tins to form a "shell".
- Prick the bottoms with a fork.
- Bake for about 20 minutes (during the baking time prick bottoms again if the shells puff up.
- Cool and fill as desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is exactly the recipe I was looking for. Thanks, Kitten! I needed to add 1/2 to 3/4 cups flour as the dough was very sticky. If you use unsalted butter as I do you may wish to add a dash of salt. I kept my oven at 300 as suggested but increased my cooking time to 30 min. I used approximately 1 1/2 tsp. per tin and spread it as thin as I could. This made 3 dozen sturdy little cups. I plan to shape the dough into skinny logs and freeze it to have on hand. You could add ground nuts and extracts to make a stand alone cookie without filling. Allow plenty of time to shape the cups. They are well worth the effort.
I was a bad girl, and even though you said NO SUBS I had no choice but to use shortening (butter flavoured) in these. They were still excellent. Next time I am using the butter for sure. Nice and sturdy, I used them as the shells for recipe 57335 (Turtle Tarts). The touch of sweetness made them perfect for that, without being cloying since the filling was so sweet. Using a tamper, I made mine a bit too thick and only got one mini-muffin tray of shells. The prep was easy, the cooking time was right on, and the results were perfect. Thank you!