Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tender chunks of chicken and crunchy vegetables pare nicely with a tangy, bright tasting dressing. This dish is great for lunch or for a dinner main course. This recipes was previously seen at http://www.fullersfineherbs.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon dried fuller's tarragon
- salt and pepper
- 2 stalks diced celery
- 2 -3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons fuller's tarragon vinegar
- 8 leaves butter lettuce or 8 leaves leafy green lettuce
- 15 baby carrot sticks
- Rub the tarragon onto the chicken breasts and salt and pepper them on both sides. Cook the breasts by steaming them over medium heat or pan fry them in a little olive oil for about 10-15 minutes or until fully cooked. Test with instant read thermometer (chicken should be at 165 degrees).
- Cool the breasts slightly, then cut into 1 inch pieces. Combine in a small bowl the mayonnaise, mustard and vinegar to make the dressing. Combine in a larger bowl the chicken, celery, onions, and zucchini. Add the dressing to the chicken and mix. Chill or serve at room temperature on a bed of lettuce. Arrange carrots around the outside edges of the mound of chicken salad. Can also serve with crackers or sliced French bread.