Chicken Salad Panini
photo by Redsie
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 6 slices white bread
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine the chicken, cheese, apple and pecans; add dressing and toss to coat.
- Spread half of the chicken salad on two slices of bread.
- Top each with another slice of bread, remaining chicken salad and remaining bread. Spread butter on both sides of sandwiches. Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Bought our first Panini Grill this week [ Villaware] and used this recipe for our trial as it sounded sooo good..Did add approx. 1/8 cup of chopped red peppers to the recipe but kept everything else as stated with the exception of the White bread...We used 3" square Focaccia rolls split and brushed with butter then grilled untill done. Wonderful !...Will make again. Oh, yes we used leftover rotisserie chicken. WCJACK
This was a delicious chicken sandwich!! Very tasty - loved the mix of mayo, Dijon mustard and honey!! As I was bringing it in my lunch, I didn't add a fresh apple, but used some dried apples I had. The sandwich was way better right off the gril - but I still loved it cold the next day in my lunch!! Used brown bread (personal preference) and light cheddar cheese. Thanks Juenessa for a winning recipe!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a native Texan and have lived in North Texas all my life. <br />I have a wonderful husband and we celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary on July 15, 2014! <br /><br /><a href=/\\expio1\users\jwilliams\My></a>I have three beautiful boys aged 17, 15, and 15. <br /><br />And then there's my little girls, Daisy & Chloe. Daisy is a terrier mix and Chloe is a Maltie-Poo.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/FFF/Switzerland-FFF4.gif alt=/ /> <br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><br /><img src=http://www.satsleuth.com/cooking/RecipeSwap2.JPG alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/67103/smPACp.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj240/marienixon_715/kittencaljpg.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/vseward/Bevy/officialmemberofthebevtaggame.jpg alt=/ /></p>