Applebee's Low-Fat Blackened Chicken Salad
photo by YiayiaMouse
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 30mins
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons light butter
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Cajun Spice Blend
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 8 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 hardboiled egg white, diced
- Make salad dressing by mixing ingredients in a small bowl by hand. Store in a covered container in the fridge until salad is ready.
- Combine water, lime juice, soy sauce, and Worcestershire in a medium bowl and stir.
- Add the chicken to lime juice mixture. Cover bowl and keep in the fridge overnight or for at least a few hours.
- Combine spices for the spice blend in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon over one side of the chicken breasts, cover the entire surface with spice.
- Melt butter in a hot pan.
- sear chicken breasts for 2-3 minutes.
- While first side is cooking, sprinkle another teaspoon of spice blend over the top of each breast.
- Flip over and sear for another 2-3 minutes. Surface of the chicken should be charred and black.
- Finish chicken off on your grill or broiler by cooking both sides for 2-3 minutes or until done.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare salads by putting lettuce into two large bowls.
- Add cabbage and carrots.
- Mix the cheeses together and top the salads with the cheeses and half of hard-boiled egg.
- Sprinkle diced tomato on each salad.
- Slice the chicken breasts into 1/2-inch slices.
- Spread chicken over salad and serve with dressing on side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
WOW! WOW! WOW! This is a keeper, too, Michelle. Thanks so much! The only thing I changed was to lessen the dijon by 2T and add an additional 1t of vinegar because Gato's comment, "A little too much Dijon." So, if you don't LOVE it, cut back! (Same for the honey. Gato loves it but I'm not into the sweet.) MADE FOR PAC FALL 07
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm heaven sent, don't you dare forget I am all you've ever wanted, what all the other [boys] all promised Sorry I told, I just needed you to know I think in decimals and dollars I am the cause to all your problems Shelter from cold, We are never alone Coordinate brain and mouth Then ask me what it's like to have myself so figured out - I wish I knew I hope this songs starts a craze, the kind of song that ignites the airways The kind of song that makes people glad to be where they are with who ever they're there with This is war - Every line is about who I don't write about anymore Hope you come down with something they can't diagnose, don't have the cure for Holding on to your grudge Oh it's so hard to have someone to love Keeping quiet is hard 'Cause you can't keep a secret if it never was a secret to start At least pretend you didn't wanna get caught We're consentratin' on fallin' apart We were contenders, now throwin' the fight I just wanna believe, I just wanna believe, I just wanna believe in us Oh we're so c-c-c-c-c-controversial We are entirely smooth We fit to the truth We are the best at what we do And these are the words you wish you wrote down This is the way you wish your voice sounds, handsome and smart Oh, my tongue's the only muscle on my body that works harder than my heart And it's all from watching TV and from speeding up my breathing Wouldn't stop if I could Oh it hurts to be this good You're holding on to your grudge Oh it hurts to always have to be honest with the one that you love Oh so let it go This is the craze only we can bestow This is the price you pay for loss of control This is the break in the ground This is the closest of calls This is the reason you're alone, this is the reason you fall! We're consentratin' on fallin' apart We were contenders, now throwin' the fight I just wanna believe, I just wanna believe, I just wanna believe in us ------------------------------- I love to cook and to bake and to watch people enjoy the food that I make, and most of all I enjoy this 'practice' period I have - to prepare me for when I have a family of my own :) In Memory of Shadow October 3rd 1992 - July 9th 2007 You will be sorely missed <img src="http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/dejectedwithstars/shadow1.jpg"> <img src="http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/dejectedwithstars/shadow2.jpg"> <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/362919/shadow2.JPG"> <img src="http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/dejectedwithstars/redborder-animate.gif"> <a href="http://www.pickle.com/plink/l/7D5E0237795A"><img src="http://www.pickle.com/plink/ph/795B07337A4704307B51032E7D5E0237795A1C512307476E143E5A652E076C34725B06357F500533140741682C4659712C.jpg" border="0" alt="adoptatagparticipant" title="Photo and Video Sharing"/></a> <img src="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/lauralie41/swapbanner.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <a href="http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/dejectedwithstars/?action=view¤t=allltheferrets2.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/dejectedwithstars/allltheferrets2.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> This is why Ferrets are called Carpet Sharks :D <a href="http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/dejectedwithstars/?action=view¤t=carpetshark.gif" target="_blank"><img src="http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/dejectedwithstars/carpetshark.gif" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> <img src="http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/dejectedwithstars/bannerforswap.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w115/bugh8er/food%20and%20swaps/cws3.png" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>