Recipe by Martina
A real downhome casserole that uses leftover chicken. Turkey could also be substituted for the chicken.
Top Review by Pesto lover
This was so easy and really good. I doubled the recipe, used spinach noodles and one cup of half and half in place of milk. I used fresh sauteed mushrooms. I added 1 tsp onion powder and 1/4 tsp garlic powder. I took it to work and it was very well received. Thanks for posting.
- 2⁄3 cup corn flake crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup canned mushroom slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cornflake crumbs and butter.
- Set aside for topping.
- Cook the noodles according to package directions.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the flour, milk, water, and bouillon cubes.
- Cook until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the sour cream, chicken and mushrooms.
- Add the cooked noodles.
- Put in greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with buttered crumbs.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until it bubbles.