Pizza Noodle Bake
- Ready In:
- 3 cups egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 5 -10 slices pepperoni (depending on the size you use)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bring water to a boil in a 3 quart sauce pan. Boil noodles and set aside.
These steps are if you are using pre-cooked sausage:
- Heat butter and oil in a skillet; the oil keeps the butter from burning.
- Add your mushrooms, onions and garlic and saute until almost done.
- Add your precooked sausage and cook for an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until sausage is heated through.
- (If you aren't using pre-cooked sausage, cook the sausage, mushrooms, onion and garlic together and omit the butter and oil.).
- In a 2 quart casserole dish, add 2 Tablespoons spaghetti sauce to the bottom.
- Layer 1/2 of the cooked noodles, sausage mixture, 1/2 of the remaining sauce and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Layer the remaining noodles, remaining sauce, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Top the dish off with pepperoni slices.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until cheese is melted and dish is heated through.
Join The Conversation
Oh yum! I used fresh sausage minus the casings and homemade tomato sauce from recipe #95239,as it's one of our favourites. I eyeballed all of the ingredients and definately used more mozzarella and way,way more pepperoni than stated. It smelled divine as it emerged from the oven and tasted just delicious. A wonderfully simple and tasty dish,that has so many variations just crying out to be made,as it's so versatile. Thanks gertc,this was a real winner with us!!
This recipe made it into our Book #231450. 7/17/08 - I made this in a 9x13 casserole pan with leftover penne pasta to which I mixed using (all small amounts of leftovers from the fridge) mozzerella, parmesan, cream cheese, and sour cream. I then topped that with a layer of cooked sausage, chopped up sliced ham, and lots of pepperoni. Then poured on the remaining sauce I had and added some additional cheeses including cheddar over top. This is a simple throw together meal that took 30 minutes at 375F. This is very, very good! Any type of leftovers would work well in this pizza smorgasbourg, but you definitely should use the pepperoni! ;)
My DH raved on and on about how great this dish was. It was easy to put together. I cooked fresh sausage with mushrooms, and garlic. I added red pepper flakes and fresh ground pepper and Koscher salt. Made as directed. Next time I would like to experiment with adding some ricotta cheese or some provolone cheese. Thanks Gert for sharing this nice dish. Made for Fall PAC 2008.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am 30 years old and I love to cook for my family of four.... I am married with two wonderful children.... That is them in the picture above.... It's a little old though.... Wesley will be five in June and Katelyn will be eight in June.... I'm always looking for new things to cook and try out on all of my family.... I'm also a teacher to 17 wonderful 3 yr. olds.... I'm always looking for quick, easy, and wonderful tasting food to fix that my whole family will enjoy... My husband is a picky meat and potatoes man.... SO, any time I fix something new that he likes, is amazing.... Wesley is like his daddy and loves to eat meat and potatoes, but he's also real good about trying other foods.... Katelyn, will eat whatever she can get her hands on.... Katelyn has some special needs and we have to watch what she eats and how she eats.... You can check out her website by clicking our link.... http://www.caringbridge.org/tx/katelyn For fun, I enjoy sewing, scrap booking, reading, and spending time with my kids. I also like to just sit and explore recipezaar. <a href="http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b222/gertc96/?action=view¤t=PRMRcopy.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b222/gertc96/PRMRcopy.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> My first ever swap. It was so much fun. <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w115/bugh8er/food%20and%20swaps/400035_d7f1b969-m3_1217872626.png" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> I participated in the biannual cookbook swap: <img src="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/lauralie41/cookbookswapspring08-2.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> My first season to play PAC: <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PACfall08partic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">