Recipe by jovigirl
Just plain fabulous!! Found this on a personal website a while back and what a great find!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (approx. 1 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons peeled thinly sliced fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 English cucumber, ends trimmed (approx 1 lb.)
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 12 flour tortillas (8-inch)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken on a shallow plate and with a fork, prick meat lightly all over. Slice into slices. In a blender/food processor, process ginger & garlic until minced. Add yogurt, pepper, cumin, oregano, salt & pepper; process until smooth.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of yogurt mixture over chicken, turning to coat both sides.
- Let stand 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Halve cucumber lengthwise. With a spoon, scoop out and discard any seeds. Thinly slice cucumber and place in a medium bowl. Add vinegar and sugar, toss lightly, and set aside.
- Place tortillas on an ovenproof platter/pie plate, cover with a moistened kitchen towel and warm in oven 12 to 14 minutes.
- Place a nonstick skillet over high heat until very hot. Add marinade-coated chicken and cook until deep golden brown and cooked through, 4-5 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board, let cool slightly and slice thinly.
- To serve: place 2-3 chicken slices on a warm tortilla and top with 2 tablespoons of drained cucumber slices 1 tablespoon yogurt dressing. Roll up and place on a serving plate.