Prep 5 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Cooking time is time sitting in sun.
- Remove tamarind pulp, discarding outer pods.
- Soak the pulp in 2 cups of hot water until soft, from 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rub the pulp until the seeds are free of pulp. Remove the seeds and strings from the pulp. Rub the pulp until it is dissolved.
- Pour tamarind pulp and water into a pitcher for sun tea.
- Add the rest of the water.
- Put pitcher in the sun for a whole day.
- Add the tequila.
- Add ice if you have some.
- Serve in cups.