Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a very nice, tasty tamale pie that is quick and easy to throw together with ingredients most of us keep on hand. I like this one especially because the cornmeal is incorporated throughout the filling. Yum, so flavorful. I used ground beef, but the original recipe called for ground turkey, which would work well; we're a beef family so that's the only reason for that change. On the top, I used a 4-cheese Mexican Blend. Perfection all the way. I hope you enjoy it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 14 ounces tomatoes, canned diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn, whole kernal, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown ground beef with garlic and onion; drain fat.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese and simmer 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour into greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Cover with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.