2 hrs 20 mins
This is a recipe that my grandmother passed down. All times are approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1 (16 ounce) can black olives
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In skillet cook meat, onion, chopped green pepper, and garlic until the meat is browned and the vegetables are tender.
- 3Drain off excess fat.
- 4Stir in tomatoes, corn, olives, chili powder, oregano, and pepper.
- 5Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 6Turn into ungreased 3-quart casserole dish.
- 8In saucepan heat milk, butter, and salt until butter melts.
- 9Slowly stir in cornmeal.
- 10Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until it thickens.
- 11Remove from heat.
- 12Stir in cheese and eggs.
- 13Pour over meat mixture.
- 14Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 35 minutes or until golden.
- 15Garnish with pepper rings, if desired.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tamale Pie
Serving Size: 1 (394 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.6
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 143.2 mg
- Sodium 1327.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 32.1 g