Rhonda O's Note:
I found this in stacks from my Mother's Recipes! Hershey's Cocoa Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
Peanut Butter Chip Frosting
- 1/3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 (10 ounce) package peanut butter chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening (Do not use butter or margarine)
- 1Heat oven to 350.
- 2Grease and flour a 15 1/2 X 10 1/2 X 1 inchjellyroll pan.
- 3in medium sauce pan combine water, butter and cocoa.
- 4Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixtures boils.
- 5Boil 1 minute.
- 6Remove from heat:Set aside.
- 7In large mixing bowl, stir together sugar, flour,baking soda,& salt, Add eggs and sour cream, beat until blended.
- 8Batter will be thin.
- 9Pour into prepared pan.
- 10Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- 11Cool cake in pan on wire rack.
- 12Using the ingredients for Peanut Butter Chip FrostingIn medium sauce pan combine butter, milk& peanut butter chips.
- 13cook over low heat stirring constantly, until chips are melted& mixture is smooth.
- 14Remove from heat,stir in vanilla.
- 15In small mixer bowl, place powdered sugar.
- 16Gradually add chips mixture, beating until well blended.
- 17Makes about 2 cups frosting.
- 18Chocolate Garnish: In a small microwave-safe bowl, place 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips& 1 tsp.
- 20Cook on High for 1 minute.
- 21Stir until chips are melted& margarine is smooth.
- 22Spread Peanut Butter Chip Frosting over cake.
- 23Drizzle chocolate garnish over top of the cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Take Me To A Picnic Cake
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.7
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 68.6 mg
- Sodium 262.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 33.9 g
- Protein 5.8 g