Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this in stacks from my Mother's Recipes! Hershey's Cocoa Enjoy!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
Peanut Butter Chip Frosting
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (10 ounce) package peanut butter chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening (Do not use butter or margarine)
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour a 15 1/2 X 10 1/2 X 1 inchjellyroll pan.
- in medium sauce pan combine water, butter and cocoa.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixtures boils.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat:Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, stir together sugar, flour,baking soda,& salt, Add eggs and sour cream, beat until blended.
- Batter will be thin.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack.
- Using the ingredients for Peanut Butter Chip FrostingIn medium sauce pan combine butter, milk& peanut butter chips.
- cook over low heat stirring constantly, until chips are melted& mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat,stir in vanilla.
- In small mixer bowl, place powdered sugar.
- Gradually add chips mixture, beating until well blended.
- Makes about 2 cups frosting.
- Chocolate Garnish: In a small microwave-safe bowl, place 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips& 1 tsp.
- Cook on High for 1 minute.
- Stir until chips are melted& margarine is smooth.
- Spread Peanut Butter Chip Frosting over cake.
- Drizzle chocolate garnish over top of the cake.