Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a yoshoku (Euro-Japanese) recipe from a local Japanese restaurant.
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can curry sauce (Kikkoman)
- 1 tablespoon panko breadcrumbs (Kikkoman)
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a microwave/oven safe dish, place rice and half of the curry sauce, cover with a lid and then heat in microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add butter and Parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Cover with remaining curry, top with shredded cheese and panko, and then place cracked open egg on top. Discard shell.
- Bake the dish for about 15 minutes, or until the egg is half cooked. The egg doesn’t need to be entirely cooked. It will continue to cook on the table with the heat of the plate and other ingredients.
- Top with parsley for color.