Recipe by White Rose Child
This was invented and handed down by vegan friends- it's their response to macaroni and cheese. I've perfected the flavors, for my own liking anyway. Be sure to serve with a vinaigrette and lots of salad. It's an easy, creamy, satisfying staple. Mmmmm.
Top Review by Kumquat the Cat's friend
This did seem strange at first, but it turned out great! I served it with a romaine lettuce salad with lots of tomatoes, of course. I also made White Rose Child's Everything Dressing, with a tablespoon of tahini. I added garlic to the pasta but not the dressing. I doubled the pasta (except for the tahini, since it's very caloric) and used up all the vinaigrette for the two of us. Great and easy vegan meal!
- 2⁄3 cup macaroni (try rotini, corkscrews, alphabets...I like to use rice noodles) or 2⁄3 cup other shaped pasta (try rotini, corkscrews, alphabets...I like to use rice noodles)
- 1 tablespoon tahini (more to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup tomato juice (I use V8)
- 1 teaspoon Braggs liquid aminos
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or 1⁄2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced (optional)
- vinaigrette dressing, to serve, see note below
- garden salad, to serve (be sure it has lots of juicy tomatoes!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta to al dente. Drain well.
- Reduce heat to low and add the tomato juice, tahini, Bragg's, vinegar and garlic if using. Mix well and partially cover for a minute, to let everything heat up.
- The serving is very important: Scoop onto a plate, and drizzle a little vinaigrette on the pasta. Then heap salad on top of the pasta and add more vinaigrette.
- Shamelessly devour!
- Note on vinaigrettes: the classic with this pasta is recipe#156751, and if you use it, be sure to put the garlic in the dressing! This garlickyness is so important! Another tasty option is recipe#191758.