Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe comes from Smiling Hara Tempeh's website except I double the amount of sauce since their recipe is developed for wraps.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 (12 ounce) package tempeh
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Heat oil in skillet on medium-high heat.
- Cut tempeh into 1/2-inch chunks.
- Stir fry tempeh until golden brown on all sides.
- Mix sauce ingredients (tahini, tamari, agave nectar, ground ginger, and water) in pot.
- Bring sauce mixture to a boil.
- Add tempeh into sauce and mix together, coating each chunk thoroughly.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes until sauce thickens slightly.