For more variety chicken, steak or shredded beef can be substituted for the ground beef or scrambled eggs and fried potatoes can be substitued for the meat & the beans omitted to make breakfast tacos.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 dash black pepper
- 6 corn tortillas or 6 taco shells or 6 flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup refried beans
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, chopped
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded or 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese or 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese or 1⁄2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese
- hot sauce or salsa or taco sauce, to taste
- In an 8" skillet, over medium high heat, cook and stir meat until brown (5 minutes), then drain off the fat.
- Stir in tomato sauce, onion, garlic salt, chili powder, and pepper, and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- While meat simmers, heat taco shells as directed on the package.
- Fill taco shells with meat, and top each with lettuce, cheese and any other desired toppings.
- Serve with sauce.
- To make hot sauce: Mix 1/3 cup chili sauce & 1/4 tsp red pepper sauce or 1 tsp minced hot chili pepper.
Fast, delicious, and made with things I usually have on hand. I was out of lettuce but added red onion- Yum!
I made this for my DH2B for dinner tonight and he wolfed them down. They are a 5 for quick and easy!! Thanks littleturtle. *Zaar World Tour 3*