Recipe by Juenessa
From Light and Tasty Magazine.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Wonderful! It's very tasty and filling, yet low in fta. I used whole wheat spiral pasta. I chose mild picante sauce and used ancho chili powder to keep the heat down a bit. It's nice to find a meatless variety of taco soup that tastes so good. Thanx for sharing; I'll make this over and over.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups reduced-sodium beef broth or 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups picante sauce
- 1 cup uncooked spiral shaped pasta
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add the broth, beans, tomatoes, picante sauce, pasta, green pepper and seasonings. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with cheese and sour cream.