Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made this dip and my dearest hubby just fell in love with it. I got this recipe in a email, but I rearranged it to suit my way of cooking and added ingredients I had on hand. It can be served cold or warm and I used Frito's to dip with.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) canof taco bell refried beans
- 1 (8 ounce) canhunt tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 ounce packagemccormick mild taco seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon frank redhot original cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup tomato, diced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) bag Frito corn chips
Sour Cream Topping
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Brown ground beef in skillet.
- Add minced garlic,diced onion and diced green pepper.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add refried beans,tomato sauce,seasoning mix and pepper sauce and heat until it bubbles.
- Spoon mixture in a 8x8 baking dish (I used a glass pie plate) and top with 1/2c.
- shredded cheese.
- In a small bowl mix together sour cream,1/4c.
- shredded cheddar cheese,chili powder and cayenne powder.
- Mix well and spoon over top of taco meat mixture.
- Top with shredded lettuce, tomato and chopped green onions.
- Serve with Fritos.
Marsha, I tried this for company without testing it out first - and was not disappointed. My sister and I have found that we've not yet been disappointed with any of your recipes. It was easy to prepare, made a nice presentation, and tasted good.
Marsha, this was delicious! I find your name coming up on many of the recipes and reviewed recipes that I like! My husband and I say thanks!!:)JELLYKO