1/1 Photo of Taco Salad
This is my favorite taco salad recipe, and the reason it's so good is the combination of chunky salsa, mayonnaise, and sour cream for the dressing. I vary a lot of things (might add black beans or chilies or beef instead of turkey), but I stick with this dressing if possible because it's heavenly. In fact, if I don't have a dressing for a salad I'll whip up this combination. You can always leave the dressing separate from the salad in case people want to dress their own or you are taking the salad somewhere and don't want the salad to get soggy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 8 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cored and halved
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup pitted black olives, halved
- 1 firm-ripe avocado (halved, pitted, peeled, and cut into cubes)
- 1 1/2 cups slightly crushed tortilla chips
- 1Combine salsa, mayonnaise, and sour cream in a small bowl.
- 2Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 3Toss together the lettuce, tomatoes, turkey, cheese, olives, and avocado in a large bowl.
- 4Add salsa dressing and toss, being careful not to mash avocado cubes.
- 5Top with crushed tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Salad
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.1
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 62.0 mg
- Sodium 560.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 21.1 g