Recipe by kzbhansen
This is an quick dinner that won't heat up the house. Enjoy
Top Review by Outta Here
This was tasty, but I think I would have preferred macaroni or rotini. Don't know if those would cook the same, though. I left out the seasoning salt because the taco seasoning has plenty of salt for me. I used ground turkey and some pepper jack cheese with the cheddar. I didn't care for the canned mushrooms in this and maybe sliced black olives would have been better. It was easy and would make a good potluck/picnic hot dish. Kids should love it!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) can mushrooms, undrained
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 3 cups fine noodles, uncooked (I use fine spaghetti broken up into 2 in pieces)
- 2 1⁄4 cups tomato juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet lightly brown meat stirring to break apart.
- Add onion and cook until limp.
- Stir in mushrooms and their liquid, taco seasoning, and seasoned salt.
- Scatter noodles over the meat.
- Mix together the tomato juice and pepper sauce.
- Pour over the noodles, pressing noodles down into the liquid.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Combine the sour cream and parsley, and spread over the top of noodles.
- Sprinkle with cheese cover and let stand about 5 minutes.