Recipe by Lorac
Taco flavored beef and creamy corn topped with cheese flavored mashed potatoes. The recipe calls for purchased mashed potatoes but this would be a great way to use up leftover potatoes. A child friendly recipe but you can spice it up by using jalapeno cheese.
- 1 (20 ounce) packagerefrigerated prepared mashed potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 lb lean ground meat
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine potato, cheese and egg and set aside.
- Place beef and onion in a skillet over mediun high heat, cook, stirring to break up beef, until beef is browned.
- Pour off excess fat, add corn and taco mix, and stir to combine.
- Place beef mixture in a 8x8 inch baking dish, top with potato mixture and bake 25-30 minutes.