Recipe by fresh fanatic
My family loves this spicy dish! We serve it with tortilla chips for an easy supper or as an appetizer. You can add whatever else you want, such avacados, taco seasonings, etc.
Top Review by Andreadmb
Excellent! A nice change from taco dips that contain cream cheese (i had a hard time finding one that didn't!) My only change was to add a bunch of taco seasoning to the meat as it browned to give it more taco flavor.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- salt and pepper
- 15 ounces refried beans (one can)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped or 2 one can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup hot salsa (this is just a guess)
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a square baking dish.
- Spread refried beans evenly in the baking dish.
- Brown ground beef with onion and drain. Salt and pepper, add to baking dish.
- Pour salsa and tomatoes on top. Mix it slightly by "cutting" through the dip with a knife.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for about 15 or 20 minutes, or until it is heated through with cheese melted.