Chicken, Broccoli and Noodles Supreme
This makes a comforting one-dish meal that my family loves. I love using rotisserie chicken for this.
- Ready In:
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 3 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 2 cups fresh broccoli or 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook the noodles according to package directions.
- Add the broccoli for the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Drain the noodle mixture well and return to saucepan.
- Stir the chicken, soup, sour cream, cheese and black pepper in the saucepan and cook over medium heat until the mixture is hot and bubbling, stirring often.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
instead of the cream of chicken soup, I used olive oil and fresh minced garlic. a little bit more flavor and a smother , less chunky texture than the soup, and also used angel hair noodles since we didn't have egg noodles in the house that night.. was super yummy and my boys ( ages10 and under) LOVED it!!Reply
This was just so-so for me. It was easy and enjoyable, but just not as flavourful as I'd like. However, that may be due to the changes I made. I cannot eat condensed cream soup, so instead I made a basic white sauce using chicken stock. The addition of the sour cream and parmesan did perk it up a bit, but I will have to tinker with some seasonings next time. Will tweak it and re-review.Reply
My family truly enjoyed this dish. I pan fried some pounded chicken breasts and used that with all your other listed ingredients. I did feel it needed a bit of oomph so I used a garlic pepper grinder when mixing in the soup and cheese. I did add a bit of milk like Lazyme to thin out the sauce but that is just personal nothing against the recipe flavors! Made while playing tag in the I Recommend game!Reply
see 3 more