Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 24 ounces refried beans
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) jar taco sauce
- sour cream
- Spread refried beans over the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Add the ground beef and onion mixture, chilies, and cheese.
- Pour taco sauce over all and bake 400°F for 20-30 minutes.
- Spread sour cream over hot taco dip and serve with chips.
This was great-- but I did tweak it a bit...first of all i halved the recipe because it would have made way too much for us, and did not add the cheese where the recipe suggested, instead, on top of the meat mixutre, I added about 1/2 cup of salsa, then I added a mixture of 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 block of cream cheese and one tablespoon of taco seasoning and spread on top of the meat mixture, then added the cheese and baked for about 25 minutes! Came out great! Thanks for the bottom part of an outstanding dip!