Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are always fun to make. The kids enjoy helping and really enjoy eating these.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- lettuce leaf
- 8 hamburger buns
- 1 cup shredded Velveeta cheese
- Brown beef in a large skillet over medium heat; drain.
- Stir in tomatoes and next 7 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Place lettuce on bottom halves of buns.
- Spoon beef mixture onto lettuce, sprinkle with cheese.
- Top with remaining bun halves.
OMG!!! Out of this world. This was so easy. Very well seasoned and full of flavor. Everyone in my family loved it. Easy on the budget. I don't know what else to say. Just yummy. Thanks Nurse Di.
Well, I don't quite know what to rate this, on account that I myself never tried it. I make two different dishes for dinner today: Paulie's Hotdish, and this. I had the Paulie's hotdish, and my mom and sister were the only ones who tried the taco burgers. My mom loved them, but my sister insisted that they did not have very much flavor. She is used to the Manwich sloppy joes stuff. We did, however, have some leftovers and I am looking forward to trying it myself. I will have to update this if I find it to be better than a 4. (My mom's rating over rules hers!) Thanks for sharing!
Thank you so much for this one. It is always a challenge for me to find things my kids will eat. My whole family, kids included, loved this. A very well-balanced blend of seasonings. Very quick and easy to make. So yummmmy! Thanks Nurse Di.