Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Taste of Home Recipe Collection 2000
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) envelopes taco seasoning
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package tortilla chips
- 3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage and ground beef until almost done.
- Add onions and saute until meat mixture is no longer pink; drain.
- Add seasonings mixes, tomatoes, beans and water.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Place tortilla chips in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- Press down gently to crumble chips.
- Top with meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly.
- Garnish as desired.