- 1 cup Bulgar wheat
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 tomatoes, diced finely
- 4 -5 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 2 cups fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice (or more to your taste)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place uncooked bulgur in a bowl; pour boiling water over it and let it soak for about one hour (stir occasionally). Drain well in a strainer.
- Return bulgur to the bowl and add all other ingredients; mix well.
- If you like heat, add Cayenne powder to taste.
- I also add more lemon; it's up to your taste.
- Chill for 2 hours or until the bulgur is soft and not crunchy.