I got this from a friend. I had never tasted Tabouli before and I loved it. It calls for mint, but because I don't like mint in things like this, I omitted it and loved it. You can put mint in if you want to. Delicious with pita bread for lunch, or a snack, or for breakfast, or in the middle of the night, or, or, or.
- 1 cup Bulgar wheat
- 1 1⁄3 cups boiling water
- 2 tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 3⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup onion (minced)
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (minced or pressed)
- 1 small cucumber (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 sweet green pepper (finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup grated carrot
WHEN YOU EAT IT
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- Pour the boiling water over the bulgar and let it sit for about 20-30 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover the bowl and put in refrigerator for a few hours.
- The whole thing will tighten up after it sits and all the flavors blend.
- When you are ready to serve it, bring out the sunflower seeds and serve them in a separate bowl.