Top Review by miamo81
How can this be so easy and so delicious? I reduced to 1T of Braggs as suggested and had to swap out ground fennel for caraway seeds (what I had in my pantry) and it turned out amazing!!! This recipe is a keeper for sure!
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 3 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos (gluten-free if needed for gf diet) or 3 tablespoons soy sauce (gluten-free if needed for gf diet)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- 1⁄2 cup textured vegetable protein (gluten-free if needed for diet)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir boiling water with liquid smoke (if using), soy sauce, maple syrup, and molasses.
- Meanwhile, mix TVP with dry seasonings; stir to incorporate. Combine wet and dry mixtures. Then allow the TVP to absorb the moisture for about 5 minutes while you heat the oil.
- Fry mixture in oil in an uncovered frying pan on medium heat, about 5 minutes (or until browned), stirring occasionally.