Cranberry-Walnut Oatmeal Cookies (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes from http://enlightenedcooking.blogspot.com These cookies are a great way to use up over-ripe bananas, and they have no added sugar, no eggs, and no gluten. They are delicious and at my house can constitute a guiltless cookie-breakfast! :o)
- Ready In:
- 2 cups rolled oats (choose certified gluten-free oats if baking gluten-free)
- 1 cup dried cranberries (or dried fruit of choice)
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas, mashed, very ripe (about 3 medium)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, cranberries, and walnuts.
- In a medium bowl, combine the banana, oil, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda until well blended.
- Add banana mixture to oat mixture, stirring to combine. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Lightly spray cookie sheets with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared sheets.
- Bake 14 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Let cool on sheets 1 minute.
- Transfer cookies to wire racks; cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days (or freeze in airtight bags/containers).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I don't normally make comments but these cookies turned out really well and the ingredients were not overly complicated or expensive. I made a few tweaks because I was out of vegetable oil so instead I used vegan becel, and added 3 heaping tablespoons of brown sugar, and doubled the amount of cinnamon. I forgot to let the mixture sit for 15 minutes prior to baking, but when I made a second batch (because they are so good) I didnt notice a difference between the cookies, so if you are in a hurry or you forget its nbd.
Turned out great. I added a tablespoon of sugarless chocolate. I used coconut oil since it was all that I had. Added 3/4 cup dried sugarless cranberries and 1/4 cup dried cherries. It was fine with only two medium bananas. Because the fruit had such little sugar in it, I added 2 tablespoons of sugar.