Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My brother fixed this dish for me with some fried rice and it was so good that I had to ask for the recipe. Adjust the heat by upping or reducing the chili in it. I like it spicy.
- 1 lb shelled shrimp, boiled
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small fresh red chile, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1⁄3 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- In a wok, heat oil, garlic, and chili.
- Stir fry about 30 seconds.
- Add chili sauce and stir.
- Cook for 3 minutes longer.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, stock, sugar and salt.
- Mix until smooth, then stir into wok.
- Bring to a boil while stirring.
- Reduce heat and simmer until sauce is thick.
- Add shrimp and gently heat through- about 2 minutes.
Wow, this is so good! I made this recipe exactly as posted. We served it with stir-fried veggies. Loved the tangy shrimp! Just enough bite. Very easy meal. Thanks Mysterygirl!
Excellent flavor, easy to do too. I used raw prawns and allowed the garlic to get very brown (I love that slightly bitter taste when it browns) Just cooked the prawns for a couple of minutes until they turned pink - they almost explode in your mouth Had to use a jalapeno but left in the seeds for heat, no red chilis available just now . Served with rice and stir fry veggies - wonderful meal thanks MG
This recipe was awesome! I don't own a wok, so I made it in a frying pan. My kids don't like spicy so I left out the red chili (though i did add a few red pepper flakes--just enough for a bit of flavor w/o any real kick). Other than that I made it as stated. It was so easy and fast to throw together and very yummy! My 7 year old said, "This shrimp is like a feast to me" as she started on her third helping. Thanks Mg for what is sure to become a regular in our kitchen.