1/1 Photo of Swiss Steak (From so Fat Low Fat No Fat Cookbook)
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
From So Fat Low Fat No Fat Cookbook by Betty Rohde, pg. 90. The meat may be transferred to a covered baking dish and cooked in a 350 degree oven until tender if so desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray a nonstick skillet with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- 2Brown the steak well on both sides.
- 3Pour off or blot away any fat.
- 4Return the meat to the skillet and add the remaining ingredients.
- 5Cover and simmer about 1-1/4 hours, or to desired doneness.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swiss Steak (From so Fat Low Fat No Fat Cookbook)
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.7
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 111.0 mg
- Sodium 245.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 33.0 g