Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From So Fat Low Fat No Fat Cookbook by Betty Rohde, pg. 90. The meat may be transferred to a covered baking dish and cooked in a 350 degree oven until tender if so desired.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Brown the steak well on both sides.
- Pour off or blot away any fat.
- Return the meat to the skillet and add the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer about 1-1/4 hours, or to desired doneness.
I used Tri Tip steak and stewed tomatoes with Italian herbs and red pepper. I had fresh mushrooms so added some . The dish came out very tender and full of flavor. DH and I both voted 5 stars. This is excellent comfort food, yummm. Made for Photo Tag.