Recipe by JoJoStar
Easy, cheesy and delicious. Definantly not low fat...nice treat.
Top Review by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
Very good! Made for Help a Camera-less Chef Game #5 (June 2008). I made this with 1-1/2 cups undiluted evaporated milk, spicey brown mustard, and I added two dashes onion powder. I used five 6-ounce custard cups, filled each cup with 2/3 cup mixture and baked them in a water bath for 45 minutes. Thanks JoJoStar ~ I will make this again! Please note these are even tastier the next day, and they reheat easily in the microwave!
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half or 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fry bacon in skillet until crisp.
- Drain bacon; crumble and set aside.
- Beat eggs, half-and-half, mustard, salt and Swiss cheese in bowl.
- Stir in bacon.
- Pour into 4 custard cups.
- Place custard cups in 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Fill pan with 1 inch of hot water.
- Carefully place pan in oven.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.