Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very easy way to add something special to those cobs of corn.
- 6 ripe ears of corn
- salt, to taste
- 8 ounces butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 ounces breadcrumbs, wholemeal
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Boil the corn cobs in salted water until tender then leave to cool.
- Melt the butter and add the oil, garlic and black pepper.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow dish.
- Mix the breadcrumbs and parsley in another shallow dish.
- Roll the corncobs in the melted butter mixture and then in the breadcrumbs.
- Grill the cobs under a high grill until the breadcrumbs are golden.
Wonderful! My husband and I loved this! We will definitely be making this again!
UPDATE: I made this last night and there were no leftovers! I didn't have whole meal breadcrumbs, so I used Panko crumbs instead. This can be a very versatile recipe by adding whatever spices you like to the breadcrumbs....Fun recipe! Thanks for sharing, Missy.
It looked REALLY good ..... until I read that it had 20.4 g of saturated fat. Possibly try to cut back on the 8 oz. of butter ......