Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
My sister's mother-in-law's recipe. They are amazing.
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup lukewarm water
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup warm milk
- 4 -5 cups unbleached flour, sifted
- 2 eggs
- Mix sugar, salt, oil into large bowl. Add milk and blend thoroughly.
- Stir in 2 cups flour to make a thick elastic dough. Beat 100 strokes.
- While beating dough, add yest to water, softening for about 5 minutes in small dish.
- Beat the 2 eggs.
- Blend the yeast and eggs. Scrape both yeast and eggs into the dough.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups more flour.
- Work in more flour until dough is shiny, a bit sticky, and pulls away from sides of bowl.
- Scrape dough into a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, let rise for 1 1/2 hour.
- Punch dough down, using melted butter to coat, shape dough into balls of dough as you like. Place in pan or muffin tins.
- Let rise 30 minute.
- Bake 20-25 minutes at 350.