Recipe by *Parsley*
An interesting (low fat) combination of sweet/spicy/hot. If you like spicy stuff, try it!
Top Review by wisconsincheddar28
Alright-- my parents had a ton of cucumbers in their garden that needed to be used. This recipe looked promising. I'm sure if I liked the flavor, I would have given it higher reviews. This is *exactly* how it tasted... bite, bite, sweet, bite, bite, swallow, big kick of spice.
I would actually call this a tangy-sweet spicy salad. I would not make this again.
- 4 large cucumbers, seeded and diced, peel if desired
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Place cucumbers, onion and minced jalapenos in a large bowl.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients; pour over cucumber mixture and toss well to coat.
- Chill at least 3 hours before serving.