An interesting (low fat) combination of sweet/spicy/hot. If you like spicy stuff, try it!
Make and share this Sweet Spicy Cucumber Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large cucumbers, seeded and diced, peel if desired
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Place cucumbers, onion and minced jalapenos in a large bowl.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients; pour over cucumber mixture and toss well to coat.
- Chill at least 3 hours before serving.